“Stop sending expired food”….”fried chicken 64.99”
IQALUIT, Nunavut — A head of cabbage for $20. Fifteen bucks for a small bag of apples.
A case of ginger ale: $82.
Fed up and frustrated by sky-high food prices and concerned over widespread hunger in their communities, thousands of Inuit have spent weeks posting pictures and price tags from their local grocery stores to a Facebook site called Feed My Family.
WHAT IN THE FUCK? This shit is not okay.
ughhslfkajsdlf gross gross gross
Reblogging for the extra articles.
Also… I might show up to this protest and support them.
Pay attention to this stuff, please, followers who haven’t heard about this! This kind of thing is completely erased in news media.
This is really fucking important.
This is why I don’t respect anyone who blindly supports the anti-sealing protestors. Because for a lot of people, it’s the only affordable option.
It’s not just Iqaluit. In Nain, Labrador this problem has been going on for ages and nobody does anything about it. $47 for a ham and $17 for a block of cheese. In Rigolet, Labrador, a loaf of bread costs $7. Here’s another picture of an Iqaluit food price changing before your very eyes.
The NNCP is starving people, reducing their food choices, and keeping people on EI poor. This is so, so wrong.
How can we help? I joined the group and checked out the website, but I didn’t see anything that can be actively done (other than raising awareness, which, of course, is great).
Excellent question! If you read through the group (which is here, for anyone who missed it), there are people talking about some ways to help.
- Look at the latest news on the Feeding My Family website to see what the priorities are and how you might be able to help.
- If you’re Canadian, call your local MP and ask to discuss this issue and express your concern.
- Look up ways to support putting pressure onto airlines to charge fair rates (a $1000 plane ticket should be from one coast to the other, not a few hundred miles).
- Research and learn what you can about food sustainability. For a start, how about learning square foot/metre (French intensive) gardening or container gardening and starting to practice it yourself? Share these techniques with friends and family. Get good at it so you can teach them to others who have poor food security in your own area.
- For the love of God, stop signing “anti-sealing”/”anti-hunting” petitions and supporting Greenpeace’s actions without understanding the complicated, nuanced situation in the North.
- Watch the FB group, because people there mention direct donations and ways to help the organizations actually on the ground there.
- For example, one person is starting up a donation project/fundraiser.
- Look at what organizations like FoodShare are doing and support them.
There is so much to be done. Sharing news articles and stories, lists of resources, donation and fundraising pages, and knowledge about food security is critical, but there’s a lot more work of all sorts.
fun fact: if a persons body odor smells good to you that means they have an immune system basically opposite of yours! this happens so the chances of finding a mate with the opposite immune system is greater and the chances that any offspring you produce together will have a stronger immune system is greater.
this is fascinating
Anatomy of Cartoon Characters - by Michael Paulus
♡ C O L L E G E tips and resources M A S T E R P O S T ♡
by akira endtable
♡ ♡ ♡
Many feel a justified anxiety over the prospect of the inevitable feat of aging and having to take on daunting adult responsibilities despite still feeling like an overgrown child. Even if you feel ready to be independent, it doesn’t hurt to have a little help along the way.
I’ve been seeking out tips to help give myself and others a better sense of readiness in the upcoming years. This masterpost is used to organize this information into a concise, easy to navigate list and share what I’ve found with anyone who wants to utilize it.
♡ ♡ ♡
♡ General College Tips ♡
- Things I Wish I Told Myself Before Going to College
- A Student’s Guide to College
- Year 12 Guide (And beyond!)
- Student Survival Guide
- The “Secret” to Doing Well in School
♡ "Adult" Things ♡
- How to Balance a Checkbook
- How to: Become an Adult Masterpost
- Be a Good Person and Get Your Student Loans Paid Off
♡ Books for Cheap ♡
♡ Study Tips ♡
- How to Make a Study Schedule
- Finals Survival Guide
- Five Creative Ways to Take Notes
- How to Overcome Math
- How to Overcome English
- Organizing Notes
- Focus While Studying
- Reading a Textbook
- Things NOT To Do When Studying
- Top Ten Study Tips
♡ Writing Help ♡
- How to Write Kickass Essays in 1/2 the Time
- Inflated/Concise wording
- BeeLine Reader
- Avoid Saying Very
- Word Definition Sites
♡ Apps and Tech ♡
♡ Safety ♡
♡ Dorm Life ♡
♡ De-Stressers and Health ♡
- Sun Salutations (yoga poses)
- Self-esteem boosters
- Fitness Masterpost
- How Long to Nap
- 8 Unconventional Ways to Destress
- Relieve Menstrual Cramps
- Pictorial on condoms
- Productivity Help
♡ College Help Masterposts ♡
♡ Helpful Blogs ♡
♡ Other Assorted Masterposts with Helpful Links ♡
♡ Playlist to Study To ♡
♡ ♡ ♡
Don’t forget to utilize campus resources as well! Good luck!
Ed Sheeran covers Sam Smith’s, Stay With Me on R1 Live Lounge
I swear this is the last time I reblog this. But I updated that audio file with the BBC1 video which has HD quality.
Jon Stewart Goes After Fox in Powerful Ferguson Monologue
I been waiting for the daily show to come back so they could cover this
Jon rip them boys a new asshole
Jon is what more white people need to be like
stop this man
im calling the fucking cops
i have obama on the phone
whatAt first, I thought he was just gonna scoop some ice cream onto bread. But then
Seriously how did he figure this out
cookies n’ cream bread
mint chocolate chip bread
our time has come
I’M ABOUT TO GO TO THE STORE AND GET SO MUCH ICE CREAM BRUH THIS IS GOD’S WORK.
Ice cream bread, woah
TODAY I GOT A POSTER FOR THE PERIODIC TABLE OF MUSIC GENRES AND PETE WENTZ LANDED FALL OUT BOY WITH THE TITLE OF EMO